Friday, November 11, 2011

"Red Spanish Horse", 8" x 8", monotype, Andrew Portwood 2011

Red Spanish Horse, 2011, 8" x 8", monotype, Andrew Portwood copyright 2011, Sold
This one is my favorite so far. I think I am ready to start working at a larger size..maybe try 18" x 24" format...stay tuned for the results, I'll post when I pull a larger print. Remember, I'm experimenting with this process, so I'm learning as I go along(which IS exhilarating) and, part of the challenge I think, with a larger format, will be the transfer of paint onto the paper ( I have no press, only a hand burnishing process). So...I found this really sturdy mailing tube in my studio that I was saving...for mailing, but I think I will employ it as a large "roller" and attempt to transfer the paint(image) like a giant rolling pin with the right amount of careful pressure, like a real press. We'll see...